Douglasville, GA asked in Child Support for Georgia

Q: Back pay child support

I have 2 kids their father has 6 total he been homeless for the past 8-9 years and never had a steady job or income. He just found work which requires a license which he hasn't had for years now and he called to figure out what to do to get it back and it's suspended due to a child support case from one of his other kids mother. He never received paper work on that to go to court because he is homeless and court set up an amount for him theirself. Now he owes THOUSANDS of dollars can't get his license and won't be able to get this new job. The child doesn't live with the mom she doesn't take care of him but she still claims him and gets government help for the child when he has been living with grandparents for years. So it there anything to be done to get the amount owed changed and get his license reinstated. I don't think it's fair that she was granted the amount for child support when he has other kids and he didn't even have a job and was homeless and she doesn't take care him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The amount will not change. He owes the money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.