Olathe, KS asked in Estate Planning for Kansas

Q: Do I contact his lawyer or wait as I just recently was m

My parents divorced and they still were in contact. My stepdad told my mother he was still keeping the trust for my son for after he passed away to make sure my son was supported. It's been about two weeks since he past. Am I suppose to call lawyer to find out. He lived in greece and passed in greece Aug 13th. I really dont need the money now just was wondering how the process goes. The lawyer is in the states and my mother told me who the lawyer is. i know it would be me who they would talk to because I've got gaurdianship of him as he cant talk red or write. I'm sure the lawyer is aware of his passing as he was well know and it's been in the paper and social media.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Doug Coe
Doug Coe
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Wichita, KS
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: Reaching out to the lawyer would be a great starting point. I'd encourage you to do that!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.