Marshall, MO asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Falsely accused of domestic assult

Your ex whom wont get the help to get sober (alcoholic) you tell your boyfriend your gonna leave him if he doesnt quit drinking. Been together for 10 years He starts arguing with you and threatin to slice your throat, and ends up head butting and shoving you down over your coffee table, and you take action to defend yourself because hes he hitting you and you just want to leave so he calls the cops on you and you go to jail for domestic assult? How can I fight this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I recommend you immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. The facts as you are describing them seem to show that you acted in self defense. That could be a meritorious defense in your case if you are able to convince a jury that he was the primary aggressor in the incident. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.