Joplin, MO asked in Contracts, Criminal Law, Family Law and Personal Injury for Missouri

Q: can i sue a dr for not prescribing my son meds??

I have been in and out of Dr. offices, psychiatrist's, and Counsiling appointments since I was 12 years old, taken from my mother for child abuse and neglect. I was taken to a boy's and girl's home called The Noyes Home in St. Joseph, MO: I have been on meds every since. I have been taking anti-depressants, anxiety meds AND other drugs, my new dr refuses to see me and prescribe to my child now?? Is this a lawsuit?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: It’s not a lawsuit unless you sue and have a case number. I don’t think that it will be worth your spending thousands of dollars to sue and doubt that any attorney will represent you on a contingency basis because your damages are not easily quantifiable. Plus, you are entitled to go see a different doctor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.