Malvern, AR asked in Domestic Violence for Arkansas

Q: So my husband and i got into an argument tonight.. neither one was arrested and no one was cited/ticketed.. cops were

He called 911 to have them come out and assess his arm. The cops arrived... and i left with my mother.. she came to pick me up.. my concern is i am a nurse and i have a license to protect... any advise or legal suggestions. He is taking full responsibility for everything..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You should be o.k. Police Officers are great about considering the impact of their decisions on people. If you were not issued a citation or arrested, the police probably issued a police report. It is difficult to locate a copy.

This police report might be considered if there is another incident. At least that's what I would do when I was a cop. Cops, Courts, and Prosecutors want to ensure there is no more such activity.

So, review what happened and take whatever corrective action needed. Times are hard. All of us are stressed. If alcohol was a cause, take care to avoid it. Maybe seek some counseling for stress. Church might help too. In any event, make sure you take some action. If it happens again, getting some help now will help you at Court. Bless you. Jim

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.