Sun Prairie, WI asked in Child Custody for Wisconsin

Q: Hi and thank you for your help. My ex-husband has sole custody and has kept my 2 girl (7 & 11 yo) for over a month now.

He has taken away 4 visitation days and will not have any communication with me at all. My question is can I have him arrested for kidnapping when it is my visitation time and he refuses to not let me have time. We do have court documents that state whose date it is but he will not go by the court document. There is absolutely no reason for him to do this. There is no foul play or anything odd. Just a mother who wants to see her children. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: If there is no set placement schedule, but there is still an Order in effect, you should file a Petition to Enforce Placement. The Court is required to schedule a hearing within thirty days of the date of filing the Petition. If there is no set schedule at this time, the Court may Order one and find him in contempt for interfering with your placement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.