Cookeville, TN asked in Estate Planning for Tennessee

Q: My uncle is refusing to sign quit quit deed, for his sisters home that was left to me in her will. What can I do?

Her entire estate was left to me in her will. My uncle (her brother) wasn’t named at all in will. The title company helping with the closing of the home sale is insisting that even thou he isn’t listed on deed or will that he needs to sign this form.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank J. Steiner
Frank J. Steiner
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: First check the register of Deeds to see if the Uncle is on the Deed. If not, take the will to a Lawyer and file a petition to probate the estate. The attorney will guide you through the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.