Waukesha, WI asked in Bankruptcy for Wisconsin

Q: My old company Brigg's & Stratton filed chapter 11 and do I need to file a claim for my 401K and pension money?

Briggs and Stratton filed chapter 11 and now I have received Form 410 (proof of claim). Do I need to fill this out to make sure I get my pension money at 65? Pension is run by Brigg's. What about my left over 401K money.

I have not work at Briggs since 2009 so 401K is a stand alone entity and the pension is in an annuity for $$$/month until I die. Do I still need to file?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Yes. Fo@e a proof of claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.