Asked in Criminal Law for New Mexico

Q: My kid was accused of taking a sign out of someone else's yard and they grabbed them and kept them waited for the cops

My child whose 14 in my other child whose 13 was accused of pulling a sign out of a yard and the owners grabbed him and held them until the cops came

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Aarons
Stephen Aarons
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: What is your question? He will probably go with you the the Juvenile Probation Office for an assessment. They are not your adversaries but just trying to get a handle on family stability, school attendance and grades, drug use. If neither of your sons has a juvenile record, I would guess they will do informal probation through the JPO for a while but no court case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.