Arlington, TX asked in Probate and Estate Planning for Louisiana

Q: Father made a will 30yrs ago after mother passed. He ask myself middle child to be in charge of his will.i told him to p

ut my sister the oldest in charge. At the time he was spatting with my sister and brother.That was 30 yrs.ago soon after he recobsiled with them.So he put his sister. The will was in my father's safe when he passed,ut for the last year he has been telling me he needed to go to lawyer change his will. Then he just never got to it. His sister was suppose to make sure that everything was divided between. His kids that was the understanding he told his sister when he put her on will. He srared everything went to her but she was. Suppise to make sure we all got equal shares but she didn't do that at all. The da y of funeral the funeral director read the will it said. All movable and none moveable to my sister her name. Next day they told me j had to leave i was living there caring for dad and i live on fixed jncome disability do I lived with him after my home burnt 2 yrs ago. Im homeless my father did not want this please tell me what I can do. I thought a lawyer was to read will. Sold lot.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Zitzmann
Mr. James Zitzmann
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If the will is valid and it says everything goes to your sister, that's what happens. He could have included equal distributions to each children but he didn't.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.