Phoenix, AZ asked in Car Accidents for Colorado

Q: Son was in a single-car accident. Should he plead guilty or go to trial? Charges: careless driving with bodily harm

My son is 18 and rolled his car after he fell asleep at the wheel. No impairment. His friend, a minor, was in the passenger seat and received very minor injuries. He was transported to the hospital (protocol for a minor) and released within hours.

My son initially pled not-guilty, and now his case is going to trial. Seems very excessive for a single car accident with no property damage, and only scrapes and bruises resulting. Are there any other options at this point?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Only a Colorado attorney is qualified to answer your question, but it remains open for two weeks and time is of the essence. I hope both kids are okay. Don't lose further time awaiting a reply here - the Car Accidents category is more about the civil side of things in terms of injury claims - this question might have been better off in the Criminal Law section. At this point, just reach out to Colorado defense attorneys in or near the county where this happened for an initial consult. See the tab above (Find-a-Lawyer), or search independently on your own. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.