Chicago, IL asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Tennessee

Q: Tennessee wants an original police report of a charge I sent a final disposition for from NY 10yrs+ ago for ccw permit

They want to verify that my misdemeanor charge isn't domestic assault or battery but it clearly States on the disposition that it isn't are they allowed because I feel like my rights for fire arms are being suppressed or neglected It's been more than the 60 days they say it takes I followed everything and past everything that's needed and now they want something That wouldn't even be accurate because I've gone to court already in have a final disposition

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If necessary you will need to file an Action in General Sessions against the State. It is basically a Declaratory Judgment Action pursuant to Statute, and I believe you will need a competent attorney. This will need to be filed very soon.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.