Millington, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I was accused of stealing from a buisness.

$1000+ dollars worth of stuff was allegedly stolen from a buisness in my local city. The only evidence was a video of someone in a facemask, hoodie, and glasses similar to ones I own. Someone who knew me said the video looked like me and I've been getting threats of legal action. The stuff was allegedly later returned to the buisness. I didn't steal from the buisness. I don't have an alibi for that night. The buisness owner has tried to talk to people I know to get in contact with me to have a meet and make things right. I have refused given the fact she accused me of a crime I didn't commit. I can't afford a Lawyer, what legal action can be taken, what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If you do not want to make the manager happy, then find another job. Do not talk to anyone else about whatever incident occurred. Be prepared to post bond and hire a lawyer if charged.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.