Brownsburg, IN asked in Immigration Law for Indiana

Q: How can I prove I’m a legal resident with an expired green card?

My green card is expired but I have paid for, and am awaiting, my biometrics appointment (which was initially cancelled due to COVID). Unfortunately my wife and I are attempting to refinance our mortgage and the bank will not move forward with our application since my card has expired, our loan is conditionally approved but this is a sticking point. Is there anything we can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda B Cook
Amanda B Cook
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL

A: If your I-90 is outside of processing time, you might be able to get an info pass appointment for a 551 stamp. Otherwise, you might have to wait.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.