Siloam Springs, AR asked in Social Security for Arkansas

Q: Can i file for disability in arkansas ?

Im 29 have a bad left shoulder trigger point that causes constant pain and now i have a broken right hand that i had to have surgery on have wire and pin put in the dr said it wil hurt and give me trouble gripping stuff lifting stuff the rest of my life now i am right handed if i can im going to file for full disability i had trouble working before with just the bad left shoulder trigger point i also have a chest deformity and eye abnormality

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore

A: You can always file. The focus will be on doctors noting specific issues that are disabling that last for at least one year. Most cases get denied. continue to appeal until you reach a judge. a large percentage of cases before judges get approved.

Susan Michele Schaefer agrees with this answer

Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Prattville, AL

A: Yes, you can file for Social Security disability. The law defines disability as the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.

Your impairments have either lasted the 12 months or may be expected to last that long.

When you apply, it is very important to have medical evidence to document your impairments and other evidence to support your functional limitations. Here is a starting point for you to think more about filing for Social Security disability

I recommend that you consult with a disability lawyer before your file for Social Security disability. Use Justia's Find a Lawyer tab to help you find a lawyer to consult with. Generally, consultations are free.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.