Kenosha, WI asked in Family Law and Civil Rights for Wisconsin

Q: Hi I have a problem. My wife and I are separated but live in the same apartment complex she has my daughter

Wife will not let me see my daughter keeps telling she does not want to see me. Week ago my daughter wanted commit suicid was in hospital. My wife makes poor choices and hangs around these couple that are divorced but live together and lives in same apartment complex and these couple have stuck there nose into are business and have interfered in are marriage that my wife and I trying to be civil. But when they are around cannot do this. These couple are alcoholics drink to the point when they will argue and fight in front of my daughter. My daughter just got out of the hospital. These couple have interfered and gets between my wife and my daughter. What course of action would i have on this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David N. Iancu
David N. Iancu
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Sorry to hear about your situation. You would need to file for divorce/legal separation and then seek temporary orders re: physical placement of your daughter if you want to have a legally enforceable court order to see your daughter or keep her from a harmful environment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.