Centreville, VA asked in Civil Rights and Probate for Virginia

Q: Now that I have a answer about the lawsuit against my brother inlaw who has passed.

Now they want my husband to settle up with them because he was sole heir. We dont know what to do!

My brother inlaw denied to his dieing breath it was untrue what my nephew accused him of but the lawyer said we owe him money for the pending lawsuit he had on going when my brother inlaw died.

Please help we need some good answer or a good lawyer to help us!

I'm not even sure what kind of lawyer we need to talk with!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Potomac, MD
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: The type of lawyer you need is a probate lawyer who also does litigation. If you are representing the estate and the estate is in Virginia, you may use the estate's assets to pay the litigator as needed. You can find an attentive and talented lawyer by searching the Find a Lawyer function at Avvo.com.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.