Asked in Intellectual Property and Trademark for Indiana

Q: How can I contest a trademark claim in which someone is claiming rights to my name and art?

The person who filed an LLC and trademark with indiana is acting in bad faith. I never gave them permission and she is claiming to have rights to "all" my art work. In the legal forms it reads "jane doe owns all rights to art by john doe" I never gave her rights I haven't spoken to her in almost a year. She has been harassing my new fiance and me and she's sent emails burning the same art she claims to own. She admits in emails that I built buisiness on my own without her help that I begged for three years and it took my three years to build it on my own. Now that I left her and began a new life the painting she's using for a logo she doesn't even have original. I created painting after that relationship ended and I am in possession of the original painting. I was first to use name I commerce and now she is claiming trademark and LLC rights to my company name and logo and even my name. How can this be legal the state of Indiana gave her the trade Mark and LLC. However I just found out

1 Lawyer Answer
Floyd Edwin Ivey
Floyd Edwin Ivey
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Kennewick, WA

A: This is a contract and interference with business matter and is largely factual in nature. Your cost benefit analysis will guide you in ignoring the party or in getting an attorney to assist you in terminating her complaints. See an attorney who can assist in court in the county where she resides.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.