Suwanee, GA asked in Landlord - Tenant for Georgia

Q: I rent my home and have 4 adult children living with me I need my son to move out

I rent my home and have 4 adult children living with me and my middle son is 25 and becoming increasingly hard to deal with. Verbally aggressive and very disrespectful. I wanted to know what I can do to have him leave my home? /move out! I don’t want things to escalate to violence as I’m doing my best to remain calm. I own a family business and his behavior is starting to effect day to day operations. I would appreciate any help dealing with this matter and is this something that you handle in your practice. Thank you in advance!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Considering your son is an adult and you no longer want him living in the home you can ask him to leave. If he refuses, you can take a legal route to ensure that he moves out. If he refuses to leave, consult with an attorney who can help you with your options to move forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.