Tampa, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Mother is failing educational needs and requirements of my two boys. What are my options?

9 weeks passed an the mother of my

Children failed to enroll our kids in school. She then asked if I could just enroll them where I love for homeschool so I did as she asked but she is not doing any school work with the children at all. We have shared orienting plan and are to discuss all important matters together we did that but she is not doing any school work with the boys. We have been out of court over a year because neither of have a lawyer and longer and there is a current shared parenting plan. I’m concerned for my children and their education what are my options. Can I just keep them and enroll them into traditional brick ad mortar? Also truancy Already contacted her about the issue and she could not provide any information as to what school they were in through homeschooling just gave my number and said he knows everything.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ariel Rojas
Ariel Rojas
  • Satellite Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A: If there is a court-ordered or agreed upon time-sharing schedule, you will need to petition the Court for Modification of said time-sharing schedule. You will not be able to unilaterally decide to keep the minor children in your care. Additionally, in regards to enrolling them in a traditional brick and mortar school, the parenting plan controls who may choose the school, which may also be modified if you wish to take that route.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.