Memphis, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: How can you get clarification of charges?

I recently moved from one state to another, when I applied for my nursing license an old charge of battery came up. The board is comparing the battery charge with battery in the first degree, I scratched and pushed my spouse, none of which even required first aid. I thought the charges were reduced to disorderly conduct as this was my first charge, however I have no proof of that. I have the case file and my court supervision was based on battery. How can I have an attorney review the case for clarity, so I can proceed with my license. I have contacted attorney none of which are willing to help. Illinois law

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Those are obviously not Tennessee Charges. You will have to deal with them in the Illinois Court from where they issued. You might find an attorney here on Justia. Hopefully they were dismissed and you can expunge your record. Otherwise you will have to deal with the TN Nursing Board. A domestic charge like that is viewed seriously here in TN.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.