Savannah, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I have a friend im trying to help who violated parole. She failed a drug screen. Now there is a warrant against her.

She is bi polar and shud never have stood trial and any lawyer who spent 5 mins with her wud have known that. Shud she go straight to rehab, call the DA, her PO, or what? Calling her PO hasn't helped with any of this. She and I need help and cannot afford legal defense.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shanone Emmack
Shanone Emmack
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If there is a warrant she needs to go ahead and turn herself in. She can call and find out how much her bond is and arrange to be bailed out immediately. Hopefully a bonding company will help her. Getting into a rehab facility is a smart idea to help minimize jail time and get her some help. There are a few rehab places that are co-occurring and will help with the mental illness and any drug problems. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.