Greencastle, IN asked in Family Law for Indiana

Q: Is there a way to stop my sons fathers girlfriend from "third party interference"?

I am having some third party interference issues from my sons fathers girlfriend. We have joint legal custody, but cannot co parent well and I believe its because of her interference. She includes herself in things that should be me included in, as the mother. Recently I went to my sons fathers house to have a discussion and it went smoothly with him- no cursing or yelling. And then she came outside instantly yelling and cussing, saying I don't get to just show up there and tell them what I am going to do. (They live with his parents). That evening I explained that I would like for her to not interfere for awhile until he and I can co parent better. He said no, and she will be attending everything that he does. And now she will be at our sons parent conference. Our son is 4 and she has been involved since he was a few months old, but she is making co parenting very hard. Would it be realistic to get a no third party interference? What option, if any, do I hav

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Tyson
Troy Tyson

A: The girlfriend is not to be participating in this way, since you and the father have legal custody of your son. However, you may need to take it the matter to court to have that firmly established.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.