Atlanta, GA asked in Domestic Violence for Georgia

Q: cruelty to children in the 1st degree and 2 counts of simple battery

A freind of mine got these charges and he is already on probation. He got bonded out but now probation has a warrant on him for violation. And it was all a big misunderstanding the wife and child said that my freind didnt do anything, but the police put him in jail anyways. The wife did not press charges but later found out the police officer did and now the state has picked it up. The wife and 14 year old son tryed to tell them that he was innocent but they wont listen. How do we get them to listen and drop the charges?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: They need a lawyer to intervene and directly approach the PO. ANY arrest is basically grounds for a revocation, so this needs to be immediately mitigated by a lawyer who can hopefully slow or stop the process. The State has deep discretion in how to deal with these issues as once you are #OnPaper hey basically own you. It sucks.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.