Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Idaho

Q: If a nco order forces me to leave the home I own what are my options

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You don't lose any rights by being forcibly removed from your own home. The frustration you feel is felt by every, single male who is removed and now has to pay for two (2) residences. If you own it outright without your mate's co-ownership, simply sell it out from under her and buy a different home because as long as she wants to keep the NCO or CPO in place, she can by simply attending the continuation hearings. It S U C K S BIG TIME! It will be difficult to find a judge in Idaho, who will allow you to evict HER, as long as she plays the "victim" card. These No Contact Orders (the Idaho Supreme Court says) stand on their own, and don't depend on the criminal case being "ongoing." In other words, you could plead guilty to the crime and the case could be closed, and you'll still have an NCO because it doesn't depend on their being an "open criminal case."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.