Davison, MI asked in Domestic Violence for Michigan

Q: What do I do my ex filed twice for domestic violence I have never touched her

Both is false she did it to get a place to live and free housing I gave her a ride dropped her off she took 200 of my money went with a drug addict I am with my wife. And my son currently fighting for my kids cause she got them put in foster care I got a warrant in the mail today and don't wanna go to jail for something I did not do what do I do I'm freaking out thanks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Contact a local criminal attorney who can work with you to facilitate turning yourself in with as little hassle as possible to begin the criminal case process. All this will play out in court now, and if her allegations are baseless, that will come out in the court process. What you do not want to do is put your head in the sand; with a warrant out, you run the risk of being picked up and put in jail at anytime...and more often than not, it would be at precisely the most inconvenient time. Arrange to turn yourself in with a lawyer to at least gain some control over that aspect of the situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.