Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Minnesota

Q: Hello, My wife served me the divorce paper couple of days ago.

She wants me to pay for the remaining of her car notes $5000 and her attorney fees. married in 2015 and she never lived with me, she always at her parents's house and maybe slept over a couple of days. She never paid any bills in the house as i took care of everything. She leased the Car before we even met then i helped her co-sign to buy the car after we get married. What are my options here as i don't want to pay any money nor her attorney's fees. there's no kids involved nor abuse.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Bailey
William Bailey
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You should retain an experienced family law attorney to help you navigate these issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.