Tampa, FL asked in Real Estate Law, Estate Planning and Probate for Florida

Q: my sister died without a she will was married never divorced she purchased a house before marriage. I need to sale house

husband name never place on the deed of the house. last time I seen husband was 2008. my mom and I took care of my sister. the house is going into foreclose I need to sale the house to pay her bills. can this be done with out husband. the bank is also trying to locate the husband.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to contact a local real estate and/or probate attorney to help you with this. Some legal actions can proceed by publication when a party is missing and cannot be located.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.