Portland, OR asked in Employment Law for Oregon

Q: I am plaintiff in civil suit, Pro Se. I need an attorney to re-write my Plea, which has been rejected by judge/technical

This case is one of wrongful termination, perjury, slander....I have 45 additional days in which to write a legal, correct Plea.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Virgil Royer
Virgil Royer
  • Salem, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Just a few brief thoughts for you with regard to your question. This is a civil case. it is in state or federal court? Perjury is exclusively a criminal charge and only the District Attorney/Federal Prosecutors can make those types of charges. Being able to show, within your civil case, that someone committed perjury may assist you in proving your case, but it is not a claim for relief in civil court. In order to show perjury, you have to be able to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that someone knowingly lied while under oath, and generally it must be over something material (relevant) to the matter discussed. With regard to your civil matter: Are you talking about rewriting your "Prayer for Relief" rather than your "Plea"? Are you talking about having your complaint rejected? Or, did the other party file a Motion to Strike? You need to be sure to follow the rules to the best of your ability, even though you are "Pro Se" or "In Pro Per". Handling your own case, especially a wrongful termination and slander case can be very difficult. If you have not done so, I would recommend you contact the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) and/or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). They will often pursue claims of unfair treatment of employees by employers. You should contact an attorney to review your matter. If you cannot find one, you can call the Oregon State Bar for a referral. (Lawyer Referral Service: Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday Phone: 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636) Best of luck with your legal matter and all your future endeavors.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.