Janesville, WI asked in Child Custody for Wisconsin

Q: Is she keeping him away from me? He lives with his mom in Kansas. And I’m in Wisconsin.

I think she keeps him away from me just because I have a girlfriend and my happiness. I feel like she couldn’t allow me to have a girlfriend or whatever I want to do with my life. She has a fiancé and another baby with him which I’m happy for her. I don’t even get mad at her what she has been doing with her life.

I understand about the past I made mistakes which it makes her obsession about it but that doesn’t mean I’m still doing it. What happened in the past is longer GONE! I’m completely different person and I continue paying the child support for my son.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David N. Iancu
David N. Iancu
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but if your question is whether you have a right to see your son even if you have a girlfriend, the answer is YES. There are many factors that go into a custody/placement determination, but a good lawyer can help you determine what actions you can take.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.