Batesville, IN asked in Tax Law for Indiana

Q: How can we go about finding a tax attorney that can help with personal business property tax overpayment not refunded?

We tried to recover by filing an amendment, however the county claims the dealine had passed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: Generally, time deadlines for tax assessment appeals are hard deadlines. So if you have missed this deadline you probably cannot contest an assessment for that closed year. However, you could contest for the next year. Finally, I am not a Indiana attorney, so to be sure of your rights to contest here, you should retain an Indiana tax attorney who does tax assessment challenges on regular basis.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.