Colorado Springs, CO asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Colorado

Q: Recently found evidence

If someone was wrongly convicted and found evidence to prove their innocence how do you bring such evidence to the attention of the court ? This evidence was provided to the public and to the court who refused to address it ? Its concerning mmj red card plant counts .

Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Sean Maye
Sean Maye
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You would need to file an appeal under Rule 35(c). If you are incarcerated, you should request an attorney to assist you with this. If not, you should consult with a private attorney because these petitions are very complicated and you will need detailed legal guidance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.