Cleveland, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Yes I'm trying to find out if someone was incarcerated and as a result missed a court date what do I need to do

Yes it's charged from 9 years ago have been incarcerated in California at the time the court date came up now after being released from California and coming back to Georgia he was arrested for failure to appear in trying to figure out what I need to do to get him out

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy S. Reeves Jr.
Tracy S. Reeves Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You can provide the Court with proof of incarceration in California at the time of the Georgia court date. I typically file a motion for bond contemporaneously with a motion to dismiss the bench warrant and attach the proof of incarceration to the motions. Sometimes you can provide it to the prosecutor and they will agree to dismiss the bench warrant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.