Hastings, MN asked in Divorce for Minnesota

Q: Is there anyway to have the judge go back on her ruling for my divorce and be clearer on how she wanted something done?

The judge is making my ex husband fix a leak on the tire of the car I was awarded and to replace the original rims. The issue is that because she didn't say how she wanted it done my ex feels like putting fix a flat in it is good enough. The rim issue is that we have the rims but no tires on them. The whole reason why she made him responsible for doing it is because I don't have the money to do it. We were married for 17 years and I stayed home and took care of my kids, the house and a ton more crap. I also have a horrible disease that prevents me from working a normal job so I have no way to fix the car to make it safe to drive. Hope you can help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Bailey
William Bailey
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You can certainly request a clarification from the judge. You would need to file a written request and serve the other party with a copy of it.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.