Evans, GA asked in Domestic Violence for Georgia

Q: What lawyer needed for me the victim against attacker and police department

Representation in pre warrant court to get correct warrant and also later against attacker whom is the son in law for lost wages etc. And again against police department for mishandling and denial of my right to have had my attacker arrested in a timely fashion when asked 3 times already.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You can always file civil suits for assault or other intentional torts agains the person that harmed you, witn the big limit being if they have assets or insurance policies that you (and the lawyer) can collect against. Otherwise you are just going to get a paper judgement that is worthless and no lawyer is going to assist.

As for suing the Police, that is very difficult as you don't have a right to have the police arrest who you want. More likely your best remedy is to lodge complaints and raise awareness about the actions of your local law enforcement to induce change. Voting is also a great way to stop abusive or negligent police activities as new leadership is often very responsive.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.