Johnson City, TN asked in Civil Litigation and Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: Without any prior notice, not in any violation of lease. I was evicted by force Can I.sue.l

Have not been allowed to gather any of my belongings until yesterday.90% of which is missing evicted on 11/10/2020

I have lost my job as a result. No clothing all my tools are gone. Can't find work no tools any more. My now exgirlfreind wanted me out, so landlords violated every rule on eviction. I'm out thousands of dollars of tools, clothing, electronics and lost wages. The enormity of the violation of my tenets rights . should justifie legal recourse

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You have not stated whether a Detainer Warrant was filed or not. But if you have some kind of proof or an admission the landlord or his agent took your property, you can sue for Conversion. Be careful of your defendant's name and and service. General Sessions is probably the best forum. It would be better to hire a competent attorney to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.