Newark, NJ asked in Child Support for New York

Q: How can I violate someone for failure to pay support if I don’t want to face them in court because of past abuse?

Me ex is 2 years behind and owes about $33,000. He owns his own business and I have provided all necessary information for them to find assets and bank accounts. When I call to speak to the CSEU they tell me they have done everything they can and that they don’t have his employer or bank account information. I suffer from PTSD and cannot face this man, what are my options?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Howard E. Knispel
Howard E. Knispel
  • Commack, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Although this is put in the New York jurisdiction area, your address says New Jersey. If this is New York, currently all New York cases are being done virtually.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.