Brooklyn, NY asked in Immigration Law for New York

Q: My parents are green card holders can they sponsor me a daca recipient.

My parents are green card holders can they sponsor me a daca recipient. We entered the us legally back in 1992,and overstayed. However my parents are now legal residents. Ive kept my daca status since it was created and have never left the us.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: One of your lawful permanent resident parents can file the FORM I-130 (relative petition) on your behalf if you are unmarried.

As a DACA recipient you are not accumulating unlawful presence upon the issuance of DACA by USCIS. Depending on the age you obtained DACA, you may not have accumulated sufficient unlawful presence to trigger a bar if you depart the U.S.

I highly recommend that you visit and consult with a qualified immigration attorney to properly assess your options.

Good luck to you.

Ms Grace I Gardiner agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.