Dalton, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: How long does the district attorney have to bring a poss of firearm by a convicted felon to court in Georgia?

Also if out on bond can I request if charged in two different cities on poss of firearm by convicted felon be run concurrently together for one plea agreement??last question is can a officer pull you over by stating someone called but not list it in the report??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melaney LaGrone
Melaney LaGrone
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This is a question you should ask your attorney. Plea deals must be entered into voluntarily and with the understanding of all the charges and consequences. Some cases can run concurrently but it depends. Once again, something that you should consult your attorney about. Yes, officers can pull you over on suspicion that you committed a crime or were identified as a person of interest in committing a crime. The caller can be anonymous.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.