Frostburg, MD asked in Personal Injury for West Virginia

Q: i was cut at birth the papers were signed off by a parent or a grandparent can i go and unsign the person passed away

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A West Virginia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It isn't fully clear from the description what this matter here involves. If you mean you were cut at birth, as in literally cut and injured, and your relatives signed a release regarding your rights to damages, you could reach out to a West Virginia personal injury attorney to discuss in greater detail. If you mean you were "cut out," as in being excluded from rights to an inheritance or assets involving a will, you could reach out to a West Virginia attorney who deals with Probate and Estate Planning matters (there are sections for those areas here on this board). Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.