New Port Richey, FL asked in Probate for Indiana

Q: brother refuses to show copy of will said he lost it he was power of attorney. will showed Sister executor of will

other family members agreed to have sister executor. But brother a issue in Indiana ,lake county. Can we get estate probated how to proceed without copy of the will .all we know that a copy needed to file for administrator so what do we do .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK

A: You or other family may be able to begin a probate proceeding and get a court order to require your brother to produce the original will. You need to talk to an experienced probate lawyer for specific advice about your situation. can help you find one near you and many attorneys offer free initial consultations. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.