Lohman, MO asked in Child Support for Missouri

Q: My daughter is 21 now and I'm still getting a monthly statement from child support that says my payment is due. Mo.

My daughter did not go to college and I just found out that she has not lived with her mother for the past 10 years she lived with her grand parants why did I still have to pay child support when there was no reason she couldn't have lived with me and how do I get child support stoped I thought it stoped when she turned 18 but I was wrong I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated I live in Missouri. Thanks and god bless all

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: It depends on what your parenting plan states, because parties can deviate from the statutory presumption of child support ending at 18. Our firm deals with cases like yours, so if you're interested please schedule a free consultation with us at https://hrrlawyers.com/book-online

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.