Dover, TN asked in Family Law for Tennessee

Q: Ex wife trying to terminate the fathers parental rights Can he counter sue for alienation of affection or full custody?

He is military and in another state was communicating with his daughter through me (grandmother) because she wouldn't answer her phone but was allowing me to see granddaughter as long as she watched us. The ex wife cut off all communication with me because of me letting granddaughter talk to her father on the phone. . He's never missed child support She has blocked all of us on phone social media etc

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: A termination of parental rights case is very serious. He should consider hiring an attorney to determine whether he has any available counterclaims regarding support or custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.