Chicago, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: My son got 4 tickets for leaving the seen of a accidents and not calling cops. 1 was a fence that took out his breaks.

He hit a dear and flipped it.. He tryed to get back to his friend and hit a building and left. Cops came and gave him tickets. They came back next day to change it couse the mair of the town called and said he wants the address of the accident on the ticket so they can sue him for the damage. The tickets had no address for the accidents. He came back to change it and put the address on it. Can they do that?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin PRO label
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Springfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Yes they can investigate further and amend charges.

Juan Ooink agrees with this answer

Juan Ooink
Juan Ooink
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Tickets can be amended until the start of a trial on those tickets. Your son is facing some very serious charges and needs the assistance of an attorney. The sooner you hire an attorney to assist him, the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.