Denver, CO asked in Car Accidents for Colorado

Q: My roommate while i was asleep took my car and it ended up hitting our neighbors home. Cops came cited me i was asleep

I was confused but they cited me and now my public defender tells me if I tell the truth its going to make me look bad. Im stuck with these fines & repair to the house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Colorado attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a month. At this point, you could reach out to an attorney who handles motor vehicle accidents to look into exactly what happened here in terms of coverage. You mention a public defender, which indicates a criminal action involving some form of restitution. It would be best for a criminal defense attorney to advise on that aspect of the matter. But a civil attorney might be able to explore the property damage claim, which may have been denied here for coverage issues. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.