Birmingham, AL asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Georgia

Q: I been convicted of murder with no evidence no body,DNA,or blood I didn't do this crime can anyone help

I had a codefendant that was sent home on probation he was the only witness he was sent home via plea by a different judge due to the fact he worked for my trial judge I asked my judge to recuse due to this fact she stated that it was true he did work for her but refused to recuse herself from the case this is a Georgia case I have court transcripts where my codefendant said he did write me a letter asking me how I got arrested for a murder I didn't do

1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to ask your trial lawyer for guidance on the appeal, as you are entitled to at least one level of appeal. can assist you if the trial attorney is incommunicado.

For private assistance I recommend folks use Adam Hames, Ms. Leighann Webster or Scott Key.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.