Aberdeen, ID asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: how do i get the return of out of state service form?

i have a case and the judicial needs me to file the return of out of state service, however i have filled affidavit of service form which is available through court assistance office. The return of out of state service form is not available there. How do i proceed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You don't need a special form; it doesn't matter in which state this person was served. All you need to do is get ahold of the individual who personally served the person and prepare an Affidavit of Service, just like you got from the Court Assistance Office for the Process Server and have them swear that they served the witness, and file that with Court and you'll be fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.