Springfield, MO asked in Criminal Law for Kansas

Q: Welfare check in KS. Someone requested for my residence. I was not in danger, just had a argument with boyfriend.

The argument was resolved. Few minutes later, loud pounding at my door. Idk who it was, I knew it wasn't my BF. They said police here for walfare check. I then said I didn't request one. Open door slightly and told them ok I am good. They ask can they come in I said no I don't want you too. I was told by one of the cops they coming in anyway. So 6 cops enter my home with no evidence of anything happened.There was not physical altercations between either one of us. They said someone reported a stabbing and a assault. I ensured them that I was not harmed nor my BF. They asked where he was. I didn't know cause was outside last I check. They searched my home didn't find him in the house. Ask his name I ask why gave first name i was startled that I couldn't remember his last name. So now I have obstruction of LEO. How do I fight this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: I'd recommend either getting a public defender or hiring a criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.