Cartersville, GA asked in Domestic Violence for Georgia

Q: if your 17 and charged with family violence at your mothers house do they put up a protection order if you live there?

if the 17 year old is living with the parents and was arrested for family violence will there be a protection order put up when he goes to court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Onyema Anene Farrey
Onyema Anene Farrey
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If charged with battery/family violence in Georgia, the offender will likely have bond conditions that will state that the offender shall have no contact with the victim.

If the victim wants a domestic violence protective order (called a TPO), the victim will have to file a separate case for that in civil court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.