Philadelphia, PA asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My husband has a i-485 adjustment for status interview (marriage based) coming up and had some questions.

As a petitioner, am I required to take a birth certificate with me to his interview? I don’t have my birth certificate and only have my U.S passport which states that I was born in the U.S...... my second question is that my husband submitted a medication examination form back when he was in his country when applying for the k1 visa. Does he have to get another medical done or is the one on file enough?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If it was a 693 not necessarily. Here's the instructions on the 693:

The exam is valid for 1 year before the I485. So if he files the I485 now, the question is did he get the exam a year ago? If more than a year he needs a new one.

Note also only certain doctors can give the I485 exam.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.